Write a 4–6-page analysis of a leader you either interviewed personally or researched thoroughly. In your analysis, address specific ways the leader demonstrates effective leadership.
Effective leaders realize that employees should be recognized for a job well done. While some people prefer public praise and others prefer personal recognition, most employees want to be recognized in some way. Kouzes and Posner (2017) state that effective leaders begin their leadership development by first learning to lead themselves. Effective leadership begins from within and expands outward to affect others. This development cascades into effective leadership.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate the purpose and relevance of leadership.
- Analyze how a leader reflects the definition of leadership.
- Evaluate leadership style, characteristics, or themes in relation to the purpose and relevance of effective leadership.
- Competency 2: Evaluate how leadership strengths apply in the workplace and within the community.
- Analyze how a leader models leadership.
- Analyze how a leader inspires a shared vision.
- Analyze how a leader looks for new opportunities that may require experimentation or taking risks.
- Analyze how a leader empowers and recognizes the contributions of others.
Kouzes, J. M., & Posner, B. Z. (2017). The leadership challenge: How to make extraordinary things happen in organizations (6th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.