Safety And Accident Prevention
Choose one mechanical hazard and one fall hazard. The hazards can be from a workplace you are familiar with, from the textbook, or from an article you find in the CSU Online Library. Create a paper containing two parts. The first part will be for the mechanical hazard, and the second part will be for the fall hazard. Complete the following elements for each part of your paper:
- Describe the processes that create the hazard.
- Perform a risk assessment using a risk-assessment matrix or a risk-assessment decision tree. Explain the steps required to perform the risk assessment. You can choose a matrix or tree that was covered in the lesson or textbook, or create your own. The risk assessment should be based on the assumption that no controls have been installed to date.
- Evaluate the acceptability of the risk-based on your risk assessment.
- Recommend any controls that you believe would reduce the risk associated with the hazard.
- Perform a second risk assessment based on your recommended controls.
Your completed assignment should be a minimum of three pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. You are required to use at least two outside sources, one of which must come from the CSU Online Library. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.