Examine a global health issue and consider the approach to this issue by the United States and by one other country.
- Review the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global health agenda and select one global health issue to focus on for this Assignment.
- Select at least one additional country to compare to the U.S. for this Assignment.
- Reflect on how the global health issue you selected is approached in the U.S. and in the additional country you selected.
Milstead, J. A., & Short, N. M. (2019). Health policy and politics: A nurse’s guide (6th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
· Chapter 11, “The Impact of Globalization: Nurses Influencing Global Health Policy” (pp. 194–208)
· Sandoval-Almazana, R., & Gil-Garcia, J. R. (2011). Are government internet portals evolving towards more interaction, participation, and collaboration? Revisiting the rhetoric of e-government among municipalities. Government Information Quarterly, 29(Suppl. 1), S72–S81. doi:10.1016/j.giq.2011.09.004
· Corless, I. B., Nardi, D., Milstead, J. A., Larson, E., Nokes, K. M., Orsega, S., Kurth, A. E., … Woith, W. (2018). Expanding nursing’s role in responding to global pandemics. Nursing Outlook, 66(4), 412–415. doi:10.1016/j.outlook.2018.06.003
· Donkin, A., Goldblatt, P., Allen, J., Nathanson, V., & Marmot, M. (2017). Global action on the social determinants of health. BMJ Global Health, 3(1). doi:10.1136/bmjgh-2017-000603