Small Business Program And Source Selection Plans
Choose to respond to this scenario from a government or a contractor perspective. If you select government, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a government employee (or military personnel) receiving the proposal from the contractor. If you select contractor, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a contractor employee submitting a proposal to the government.
Imagine that you are working on a program for the purchase of (if government) or the sale of (if contractor) the installation of security fencing around the base of towers along the Arizona-Mexico border that are used for long-range cameras. The cost of the project is one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000). Your boss has asked you to create a portion of the main contract for a small business set- aside contract.
Write a six to eight (6-8) contract proposal in which you:
- Examine the purpose of the federal small business program to include a historical aspect of the government regulations that created the program.
- Evaluate the small business set-aside program in regard to the eligibility to participate.
- Assess the dollar threshold reserved for small business contracts in the scenario.
- Analyze the contract formats for government contracts to include universal and commercial formats. Determine which format to use for the small business contract described in the scenario.
- Determine the purpose of the source selection evaluation plan.
- Create ranking of criteria for evaluation plans for this scenario.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.