- Write the procedure documentation for the monthly bank reconciliation process in a professional manner.
- It will be the desktop guide used by others in the event of your absence to prepare the financial statements for The Gift Shop.
- It may be in the form of a memorandum or as a numbered listing of items, depending on your individual preference.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation for The Gift Shop based on the information provided.
Additional information needed for bank reconciliation preparation follows:
- Cash per the unadjusted trial balance is $12,675.
- Cash balance per the bank statement is $12,780.
- Check #115 has not cleared the bank. It was written for $645.
- A deposit of $1,000 cleared the bank but was not recorded in the general ledger.
- A check for $250 was found in the owner’s desk drawer.
- A deposit of $1,250 was taken to the bank after 2 p.m. on December 31, 2008 and was not posted by the bank until January 1, 2009.
- Errors were noted in the following checks:
- Check #121 was recorded for $325 but cleared the bank as $320.
- Check #125 was recorded for $585 but cleared the bank as $600.
- Bank service charge reported on the bank statement $30.00
Must be done in 2-4 pages