Privacy in the tech age
Program-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Personal Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
Course-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Explain the origin and development of constitutional democracy in the United States.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the federal system.
- Describe separation of powers and checks and balances in both theory and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the federal government.
- Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in the political system.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Analyze issues and policies in U.S. politics
SLO #1: Privacy in the tech age. 70% of students will successfully analyze privacy issue as it pertains to increasing technological advances. Specifically, we are going to research and then evaluate how these tech advances can potentially infringe upon the 4th Amendment, our perceived civil liberties and rights, and how the federal and state governments are responding with legislation and court decisions. [SLO #1 fulfills the following Program Level Outcomes: Communication, Critical Thinking, Social and Personal Responsibility, as well as the following Course Level Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8]