Program-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Personal Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
Course-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Explain the origin and development of constitutional democracy in the United States.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the federal system.
- Describe separation of powers and checks and balances in both theory and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the federal government.
- Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in the political system.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Analyze issues and policies in U.S. politics
SLO #2: Congress inaction. 70% of students will successfully research the role of the U.S. Congress in policymaking as well as the relationship it has with its constituents. [ SLO #2 fulfills the following Program Level Outcomes: Communication, Critical Thinking, Social and Personal Responsibility, as well as the following Course Level Outcomes: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8]