Using the same health care organization from the last assignment (I used Blue Shield/Blue Cross), write a 750-1,000 word analysis of licensing and accreditation governing the organization to assess the impact in the organization’s function and operations. Include the following:
Identify two types of accreditation governing the organization, or a branch of the organization.
- Identify whether or not the accreditation is mandatory. Explain the purpose for the accreditation and how it supports the organization.
- Discuss why this accreditation is important to the patient, to the organization, to the community, and to health care.
- Identify accreditation requirements for the organization, and resources needed to maintain accreditation.
- Describe the consequences for the organization if they were to lose the accreditation.
- Evaluate which type of accreditation and licensures your health care organization requires.
Identify two types of licensing the organization has received.
- Identify whether or not the licensure is mandatory. Explain the purpose for the licensure.
- Discuss why this licensure is important to the patient, to the organization, to the community, and to health care.
- Identify licensure requirements for the organization, and resources needed to maintain licensure.
- Describe the consequences for the organization if they were to lose the licensure.
- Evaluate the consequences associated with both the accreditation process and licensing.
Include three to five references, to in your analysis.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.