Help With My Essay:Comparing and Selecting Forensic Tools
Comparing and Selecting Forensic Tools
Suppose you were recently hired for a new position as the computer forensics manager at a medium-sized communications company. One of your duties will be to analyze, test, and select forensic tool standards for the company.
- Analyze the five (5) categories of tasks performed with computer forensics tools and provide an example of a software tool that performs each task.
- List the questions you would ask when evaluating and selecting forensics tools. Select the question you believe is the most important and provide a rationale.
- Explain how a comparison table can assist a decision maker when analyzing computer forensic tools.
- Select one (1) Windows-based and one (1) Linux-based forensic software tool and create a comparison table analyzing the functions and sub-functions of each.
- Describe the benefits of the NIST’s CFTT project and how it can assist decision-makers in analyzing and selecting forensic tools.
- Create an expense budget for the tools you would consider utilizing at the company and provide reasoning and planned function of the selected tools.