Help With My Essay:Internet-Based Contracting Issues
- Great Buys isn’t sure it has a binding contract with its customers because the contract is completely online and in electronic format.
- Customers have argued they are not bound to the online contract because there’s no handwritten “pen and ink” signature.
- Great Buys also wants to know if any international laws will apply when the company starts selling its electronic products internationally.
- Great Buys has been sued in different state courts all over the country, and it would like to know if an arbitration clause requiring that arbitration be conducted in New York City will be enforceable.
- Finally, Great Buys wants one or two suggestions for improving its internal business procedures so that customer product complaints don’t turn into contract-related claims or lawsuits.