Based on the texts by Kafka and Eliot, (writing on one or the other or both), discuss how the writers seem critical of modern culture, as they portray modern man as a self-conscious functionary who fears an acute loss of spirituality and identity, as well as the ability to achieve authenticity and happiness, overcome by the dehumanizing forces of industrialization and capitalism in post-WWI Europe.
- Your response should be at least 750 words in length
- Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
Three common types of plagiarism you need to be aware of as a student:
- Recycling a paper; “double-dipping”; self-plagiarism: Reusing a paper you have written for a previous course
- Copying directly from a source without proper quotations or paraphrasing: When you try to pass something off as your own work
- Not using proper citations
- Your paper should have at least 80% of your own original thought, not “borrowed, paraphrased [or] quoted” from material pulled from the Internet, articles, journals, books, etc. Your thoughts, not someone else’s!