Due: Feb. 5th
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is for students to analyze their strengths and suggest future development strategies based on the book assigned. This is an individual assignment.
- Knowledge, Skills and Talents: (1-2 pages approximately)
- What is the difference between these three?
- What do you believe are your knowledge, skills and talents (this should be before you take the inventory) and why should they be valued by a company?
- Results of the StrengthsFinder Assessment/Inventory (2-3 pages approximately)
- What were your top 5 themes? Describe them.
- How do your results compare with what you thought about yourself before taking the inventory
- Conclusion/Development Plan (3-5 pages approximately)
- What is a career that interests you in the hospitality industry? In this career, how likely/possible are you to work with a global company? With international employees/bosses? And/or serve international guests? Please think about your response here as you answer part b.
- What is your development plan to become a more effective global manager based on the strengths that were identified? You may find it helpful to review the suggestions made in the assessment. Please come up with a detailed plan for each of the 5 strengths
- Include a printed copy of your StrengthsFinder Results. This must be the results sent to you after you took the StrengthsFinder inventory and include your name, etc. in order to receive credit.