Write a 1,000-1,500-word analysis of the case study using Freud’s psychoanalytic theory approach. Include the following in your analysis.
- What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
- Describe the process of treatment using Freud’s psychoanalytic theory. This should include a description of the length of treatment, the role of the counselor, and the experience of the client as they work from beginning to termination of therapy.
- How does Freud’s psychoanalytic theory the social and cultural needs of the client? (Cite specific research findings)
- Describe valuable insights of coming to understand the client’s unconscious world as the counseling process continues.
- How can a counselor implement Freudian processes in counseling without undue risk to the client or the counseling relationship?