ESSAY PROJECT #1: Human Form in Early Civilization
All early civilizations – prehistoric, Near East, Egyptian, Aegean, and Roman – attempted to represent the human figure within their art. Within this essay, provide a comprehensive analysis of the similarities and differences in the representation of the human form in these early depictions. Address not only the artistic portrayal of the human body, but also how these art forms were significant within the culture in which they were created. Provide specific artwork examples (including identifying data, such as titles or source references) throughout your essay.
- Length must meet at minimum three (3) pages.
- Please note: The full length of written content MUST be three pages long, not including any author information (such as written in the upper right by MLA style)
- Provide three (3) sources for your entry minimum.
- Wikipedia and other non-academic websites will not be accepted for this criteria.
- Acceptable sources may be located from the following:
- their textbook
- Academic and scholarly journals
- Museum websites – such as those linked on this page: http://www.artcyclopedia.com/museums-us.html
- The sources above are merely suggestions of where credible sources could be found, and should not be mistaken as always acceptable. Please use proper academic discretion to determine if your source is appropriate. If you have any questions regarding this, please review this website: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/553/01/ (Links to an external site.)or speak with your local librarian.
- Cite academic articles, books, or other research at sources of your conclusions.
- Citations may be written in APA or MLA style. Refer to the Ivy Tech Writing Guide for examples of citations commonly used.
- In-text citations and a full resource(s) citation must be included.
- See the citation resources in “Resources” area for information specific to art citations.
- Thoroughly address all aspects of the prompt.
- Use proper terminology as presented in the textbook.
Plagiarism: Please review the syllabus statement regarding academic honesty and plagiarism.