Identify and discuss the cultural, economic, and political context of information resources, and interpret information in light of that context.
ritten Assignment: The Cold War and Presidential Doctrines
Due Week 7 and worth 300 points
Select a president from the table, “Presidents and Their ‘Doctrines,’” in Roskin, Chapter 4. Then write at least a six-eight-page paper on the doctrine that president used according to Roskin. Your research must include at least seven credible sources, apart from your textbook. Your paper must address the following:
1. Fully define a doctrine and identify why the president of your choice announced a doctrine while he was in office.
2. Describe the diplomatic doctrine the president followed, with reference to specific actions or events that occurred.
3. Describe the effect that the presidential doctrine has had on regional or global affairs since it was announced during the Cold War.
4. Cite at least seven reputable sources, excluding Wikipedia, encyclopedias, dictionaries, blogs and other material that does not qualify as reputable academic sourcework.
Your assignment must:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· NOT INCLUDE AN ABSTRACT but do include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Acknowledge that graphs, tables, drawings and photographs do not count toward the length of the paper; only what you have written as text itself.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Identify the cultural, economic, and political context of information resources, and interpret information in light of that context.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in international problems.
· Write clearly and concisely about international problems using proper writing mechanics.
2nd article attached
COMPARE 2 ARTICLES
1. Summary (1.5 point): Summarize the argument of the chosen article. This section should be no longer than half a page.
2.Analysis (2.5 points): Analyze how the chosen article compares with other readings of the week. This section should include what makes the chosen article similar/dissimilar from the other readings. Since the analysis section requires comparison, reference to other readings is necessary. This section should be at least half a page in length but should not be longer than one page. Citations must be used where necessary.