Access the ATSDR website through the course site. https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/
Find products in your home or surroundings that contain the following substances: heavy metals, harmful solvents, volatile organic compounds or vapors, pesticides, and radiation. Be creative in your search; the products can be household items or those that you are exposed to on a daily basis. You must find a total of 10 contaminants. Include at least one contaminant from each category.
Use the University of Phoenix Material: Contaminant Scavenger Hunt Matrix located on the student website to track the following information for each contaminant:
· Classify the contaminant as a heavy metal, harmful solvent, volatile organic compound or vapor, pesticide, or radiation.
· Identify the source or sources of the contaminant.
· Describe how the contaminant affects plants and humans.
· Identify how the contaminant is absorbed–routes of exposure–and distributed–transport.
· Identify the toxic response, or symptoms.
· Describe how the contaminant is eliminated, or detoxificatio