Please complete your answers clearly. Do not have short answers.
1. Select either Shays’ Rebellion or ADA, 1990. Discuss how your chosen event/legislation is either an example of Freedom vs. Order or Freedom vs. Equality.
2. What freedoms are most important to you?
3. What freedoms are you willing to give up in an effort to maintain order?
4. After September 11 there was great discussion of furthering order to keep our nation safe. For example, many individuals argued for the right of the government to be able to increase its wiretapping powers in order to avert terrorist acts. Do you think the government should do more to keep citizens safe? Why or why not? What things would you be willing (or unwilling) to give up in order to maintain safety?
5. Choose one amendment and using a specific example why you think it is outdated and needs to be changed. If you feel that all of the amendments are still relative to life today, write a new amendment about a specific issue and justify why you feel it should be represented in the Constitution. Now explain the 2nd Amendment and 8th Amendment why it is outdated and needs to be changed.
A. Identify one example of a policy or part of the U.S. Constitution that increased the power of the federal government. Explain how it was able to tip the balance of power toward the federal government.
B. Identify one example of a policy or part of the U. S. Constitution that increased the power of the individual states. Explain how it was able to tip the balance of power toward the states.