Answer four of the following questions:
1. Agamemnon says he is not to blame for his conflict with Achilles because he is cursed by fate and the gods. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
2. Is there an ethics of war in The Iliad? Are the deaths of Dolon and Hector ethical? Why or why not?
3. Is Achilles responsible for the death of Patroclus? Why or why not?
4. Is Helen the same character in The Iliad that she is in The Odyssey? What do you think of Euripides’ interpretation of Helen?
5. Why do you think the story of the wandering hero like Odysseus has been so popular over the centuries? What are some examples?
6. Why does Odysseus spend so much time on the island of Calypso? Has he forgotten about his wife, Penelope?