Book: The Juvenile Justice System (8th edition) by alida merlo
1. Explain the concept of parens patriae .
2. Differentiate between the types of juvenile offenders, including delinquents and status offenders.
3. Summarize how juvenile offenders are processed through the criminal justice system.
4. Explain the meaning of the deinstitutionalization of status offenders.
5. Outline the history and development of juvenile justice and juvenile courts.
6. Summarize juvenile crime rates and trends.
7. Describe the factors that lead to career escalation and/or a transition to adult crime.
8. Summarize juvenile victimization, including school violence.