You are currently working as an administrative assistant for a large metropolitan hospital. You have been asked to prepare an article for the hospital newsletter about international health care. The following are the items you have been asked to include:
- List and explain reasons why the health status of a country plays an important role in its economic status.
- Create a table that shows how the access, quality, and cost of health care are influenced by the low-income, middle-income, and high-income status of an economy.
Select 1–3 foreign countries, and provide the following information about the access, quality, and cost of health care:
- Compare a foreign country’s quality of care to the United States’ quality of care.
- Compare a foreign country’s cost of health care to the United States’ cost of health care.
- Compare 1 of the foreign countries’ access to medical care to the United States’ access to medical care.
- Give examples of how the World Health Organization (WHO) helps to provide health care in times of need.