M8A1 Final Project
The final project is a fun, practical activity where you can apply what you are learning in the course to a select product and a target foreign market. Your task for the final project is to plan a realistic market launch, from introduction through stabilization of operations. “Launch” applies to the target market where you want to sell your product. You are to select a product (not a service), real or imagined, that will be launched in a country other than the United States. Your product may be produced in the U.S., in your target market, or elsewhere.
You will submit your final project in this module. The final project will consist of your business plan and an Excel spreadsheet of anticipated cash flows (expenses and income) with the resulting bottom line (profit or loss) for each year.
For the final project, you are responsible for presenting your analysis and conclusions on the following:
- The rationale for choosing your product.
- The rationale for choosing your target market.
- The rationale for choosing the country where your product will be made, including a brief background of the industry in the market, as well as competitors.
- The strategy you will employ to launch your product; items to include should include entry decisions and intended mode of entry.
- The organizational structure you selected to support the launch.
- Sales, marketing, logistics, cultural, and political aspects.
- Financial management considerations for the launch, including foreign currencies, tariffs, and overall foreign market exchange considerations.
This paper will give you the opportunity to integrate all aspects of this course into a real-world scenario. Please be as realistic as possible. Show that you understand how to apply the concepts of this course in a practical project.
While your instructor is more interested in your initiative, and the quality and realism of your analysis and conclusions versus the length of the paper, it is expected that the paper follow the aforementioned requirements.
Additional Paper Requirements:
- Your paper should be 7 to 10 pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
- Your paper should be double-spaced, with 1-inch margins, in-text citations and references for all sources following proper APA formatting.
Additional Notes for consideration from instructor for paper:
You will need to do some research to determine how you will ship the scooters from the US or manufacture them in England, and how the costs will impact on your launch in the new market. You will also want to determine how you will launch in the England. E.g. will you have a physical presence there, will you sell through stores, or sell direct, etc
If you can’t get the specific costs for production or shipping, then make some assumptions based on what you can find and note them in the paper
Address the strategy for the launch, the organizational structure that you will use, the logistics that you will use to get the scooters to England, your sales and marketing approach and the financial analysis that you will do in this final project. Also need to differentiate how the product (scooters) is different, in this final paper, from the other ones on the market. but you didn’t mention anything on the strategy for the launch, the organizational structure that you will use, the logistics that you will use to get the scooters to England, your sales and marketing approach and the financial analysis that you will do in the final project (These should have all been bullet points in this outline. You will also need to really differentiate how your product is different, in your final paper, from the other ones on the market.