The purpose of this assignment is to be able to actively search for relevant research related to your PICOT topic and present it in a formal annotated bibliography.
• Refer to the resource, “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
• Doctoral learners are required to use Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
• This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
As you search the library for scholarly research, limit your search to identify empirical articles.
You can use the “Empirical Research Checklist” to help with this determination.
Upon finding an empirical study, assess the validity of the conclusion by determining if the conclusion answers your proposed research question and if the methodology is appropriate.
Using the “Empirical Research Checklist” and your knowledge of finding empirical research articles, locate six articles directly related to your proposed PICOT question. You may use the three you used for the assignment in Topic 4.
Write an annotation for each of the six articles that includes a concise summary in your own words and the correct APA citation for each article.
Articles Articles are extensive and provide substantial support to the PICOT question.
Annotated Bibliographies (Citation and summary for each article) Annotated bibliography entries are complete and correct.
Thesis Development and Purpose Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear
Argument Logic and Construction Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative
Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use) Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment) All format elements are correct.
Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style) Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.
1. Annotated Bibliography Samples
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Annotated bibliography samples.
2. Frameworks for Determining Research Gaps During Systematic Reviews
Robinson, K. A., Saldanha, I. J., &Mckoy, N. A. (2011). Frameworks for determining research gaps during systematic reviews. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
3. Research and Citations Resources
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.).Research and citations section.