Identify whether each of the following is operant or classical conditioning. If it is classical conditioning, name the unconditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, conditioned stimulus, and the conditioned response. If it is operant conditioning, determine if positive or negative reinforcement or punishment was used.
- You give your dog a treat when he barks at the mailman.
- Your neighbor got food poisoning after eating fish, and now every time he smells fish, he gets nauseous.
- A manager decides to reward his employees who are not late for a month with tickets to a theater.
- Jack’s parents take away his video games because he earned a bad grade in school.
- Mini’s cat starts to associate the sound of the can opener with dinner and comes running whenever she hears the sound.
- A teacher decides that any student who earned an A on their exams during the term does not need to take the final.
Watch the following video and discuss your thoughts by answering the questions below. https://youtu.be/guroaQRFsX4
In the clip there was an error: Sheldon referred to a term incorrectly.
What was the error?
Describe a time where you used operant conditioning to change a person’s or animal’s behavior.
Watch the following video, then answer the questions below. https://youtu.be/FMnhyGozLyE
Name the unconditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, conditioned stimulus, and the conditioned response
Prepare a brief paragraph about your thoughts on the experiment.
watch the following video and answer the question. https://youtu.be/128Ts5r9NRE
Describe two things have you learned by watching others.
Should eyewitness testimony be allowed in courts? Why or why not? Provide your opinion and the reasoning behind your answer