1. Outline the development of the “epistemological turn” from Descartes through Locke and Berkeley to Hume.
2. In your own words, reconstruct the basic empirical critique of rationalism.
3. What is the tabula rasa? What is its significance to Locke’s empiricism?
4. Explain the philosophical significance of the question “Does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if no one is there to hear it?” Then answer it as Berkeley would.
5. Why is the distinction between impressions and ideas important to Hume’s philosophy?