Pediatric Health Disorder
To introduce the nursing student to various health, cognitive and behavioral disorders affecting the pediatric population.
1. Research and construct a paper to include an overview of the pediatric disorder.
2. Discuss important assessment, diagnostic, planning, and intervention techniques associated with the pediatric disorder.
3. Incorporate socio-economic and cultural concepts to identify resources available to children with the pediatric disorder.
4. Promote and provide information on preventative and wellness care.
• The student will construct a four (4) to five (5) page written paper, not including title or reference page, using APA format, based on an assigned pediatric disease process.
• Students should include an overview of the disease process using the nursing process, including genetic factors concerning growth and development, environment, culture, nutrition, health status, and family.
• A minimum of four (4) references published within the past five (5) years must be utilized.
• The information obtained to write the written assignment will be utilized for the Pediatric Health Disorder Group Assignment.
• The written assignment must be submitted by March 5, 2018 by 8:00 a.m.
• The assignment should be uploaded into MOODLE using the following file format:
• Paper: Student Last Name_PHD_Faculty Last Name_1129
• Rubric: Student Last Name _ PHDR _Faculty Last Name_1129
**Rubric located in MOODLE**