Persuasive Speech; Write the speech and I will do the video
Your final project, the persuasive speech, is your opportunity to take a stance on a topic of interest and support your viewpoint. This final presentation represents the culmination of smaller assignments. Consider:
· Your topical outline. What do you plan to tell us? What evidence do you plan to share, to convince us that your side is right in this debate?
· What did you learn from the devil’s advocate? How can you use their propaganda against them – so that your argument is even stronger?
· What tips will you use to make a ‘great’ persuasive speech? How can you use visual aids?
· And finally, what will you ask the audience to do once you’ve persuaded them that your viewpoint is the most logical/sensible? Will your concluding thoughts resonate with them?
A few parameters:
· This speech should be 8-10 minutes in length.
· Submit the outline for this speech with your four sources (use the template below).
· Establish credibility
· Use visuals where you can!
· Show enthusiasm! Use your voice to engage the audience and leave a positive impression.