Statement of problem/issue:
Scope of the problem/issue (is it local or universal; does it affect nursing only, or other disciplines?):
What are the PICO Components?
P-(Patient, Population or Problem)
C-(Comparison with other treatments)
Does the problem/issue require:
X Change in Practice?
X Referral to Quality Team?
X Addition/Change to Procedure Manual?
X Addition/Change to Documentation?
What is the evidence/research that supports problem identification? ( See Individual Evidence Summary week 4)
Based on what is required as stated above create an action plan for the change in practice, education needed, changes to documentation and a suggested outcome metric for each item . Please include the timeline and person(s) responsible for each step.
Follow-Up and Evaluation PlCOT
- Review the QI example and Action Plan and Implementing Change sections of Dearholt and complete the Template for EBP to begin your plan for translating a study or practice change into an evidence-based project. As part of the project;
- a) Create an actionplan with specific measurable items, a timelinefor completions and person responsible.
- b) Implement the change and define timeline
- c) Evaluate outcomes. List at least 3 ways to measure outcomes and what measures should be used to evaluate this data.
- Answered the following questions regarding the feasibility of your recommendation.
- a) Would this changeimprove clinical outcomes?
- b) Would this change improve patient or nurse satisfaction?
- c) Would this change reduce the cost of care for patients?
- d) Would this change improve unit operations?
Order: Formulate an evidence-based proposal and apply quality improvement strategies to the design of an evidence-based project. The proposal and action plan are going to be directed to solve the workplace violence for the staff of a rehab center using new clinical education approach