- Pillars of Citizenship – Discuss the Declaration of Independence (1776), The US Constitution (1787) and the Bill of Rights (1789)
- Answer all questions, using approximately two to three pages for each question.
- Answer them in a way that weaves the questions together into one coherent essay.
- Make sure your answers employ and reference the terms and ideas covered in our course readings and online lectures.
- Give examples to support your ideas and be specific.
Our lectures have discussed the “Pillars of Citizenship”:
- The Declaration of Independence (1776)
- The US Constitution (1787)
- and the Bill of Rights (1789)
- What do these documents specifically argue for, what do these documents argue against, and how are these arguments in conflict and / or harmony with each other?
Brainstorm key terms to get you started: “self-evident”, why must Congress publish its dealings?, does permanent rebellion clash with law and order?