Project 1 Assignment:
Using the designated topic listed below (see, Topics),Police Corruption, you will search the UMUC Library Services databases and the Internet for resource material that explains, clarifies, critiques, etc. the topic.
1. Your Resource Research and Review project must contain four (4) outside sources (not instructional material for this course), at least two of which must come from the UMUC Library data base.
2. Locate books, periodicals, and documents that may contain useful information and ideas on your topic. You may conduct your research with the assistance of a UMUC librarian, reviewing your own personal materials on the topic, using the Internet, visiting an actual library, etc. and reviewing the available items. Then, choose those works that provide a variety of perspectives on your topic.
Note: You can connect to Library Services by using the Library link under RESOURCES in the Classroom task bar, or link directly to the UMUC Library Guide to Criminal Justice Resources link in CONTENT
3. Type the reference “citation” information for the book, article, or document using the American Psychological Association (APA) formatting standards. (There are links to APA format standards under Library Services.)
4. Each reference is to be followed by the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. Creating an annotated bibliography calls for a variety of intellectual skills: concise exposition, succinct analysis, and informed library research.
5. Write a concise annotation (150 words) for each reference that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book, article, or document. This must include:
a) briefly, in your own words, describe the content of the article
b) compares or contrasts the work with at least one other article in your research review
Please follow and like us: