Professional Custom Accounting: Design a plan for how you will ensure ongoing personal and professional development throughout a career.
- Identify a career path and explain why it is a suitable choice. Psychology
- Identify the skills, experiences, and educational requirements for this path.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and explain how they relate to your chosen path.
- Describe skills and experiences you have already gained and the preparation you have already made.
- Describe skills, preparation, and experiences you still lack (e.g., research experience, volunteer work, and development of a professional network).
- Outline a clear plan (including a time line) for meeting these goals and gaining these skills and experiences. Do outside research to discuss specifically where you can gain these skills and experiences, how much it will cost, and how you plan to prioritize.
- Design a plan for how you will ensure ongoing personal and professional development throughout a career. Include in the plan strategies established by research studies that foster a balance between physical and mental health. Identify options for seeking continued professional education in your area of interest or specialization upon graduation (e.g., conferences and online continuing education programs for professionals). Be specific and cite at least two sources for your personal and professional development plan.