Professional Custom Accounting: How would you rate yourself at being able to communicate with all your important stakeholders?
The class will be placed by the instructor into groups. Each team member will personally interview one leader of his/her choice. Examples of leaders can include, but are not limited to, former or current managers or supervisors, educational leaders, civic/business leaders, and religious leaders. This interview can take place via phone, via e-mail, or in person.
To ensure that the interviews yield comparable results, the team must prepare a list of questions to ask the chosen leaders (interviewees). As a team, choose four questions from the list below:
- What are the most important qualities an effective leader should have?
- What is the importance of trust in leadership?
- What are the qualities you want most in an employee? Why?
- Who has had the most influence on how you lead? Why?
- In what areas would you like to improve your leadership?
- How do your employees react to your leadership?
- Have you engaged in 360-degree feedback? If so, what has been the result?
- What is the role of effective communication in leadership?
- How would you rate yourself at being able to communicate with all your important stakeholders?