Directions: Determine whether or not the Constitution gives Congress the authority to create each of the following laws. Your answers should explain why Congress does or does not have the authority, and should also cite the Article, Section and Clause from the Constitution that gives or denies the authority. DO NOT USE EXAMPLE AS ANSWER.
1. Refer to the Constitution of the United States of America in the Appendices of your text or from the National Archives to help answer these questions.
2. “Whoever transports in interstate or foreign commerce a motor vehicle or aircraft, knowing the same to have been stolen, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both…”
3. “Every person who has made any contract or engaged in any combination or conspiracy hereby declared to be illegal shall be deemed guilty of a felony…”
4. “Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device…”
5. “A person who is a national of the United States whether by birth or naturalization, shall lose his nationality by voluntarily performing any of the following acts with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality – (1) obtaining naturalization in a foreign state upon his own application or upon an application filed by a duly authorized agent, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or (2) taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after having attained the age of eighteen years; or (3) entering, or serving in, the armed forces of a foreign state if (A) such armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the United States, or (B) such persons serve as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer…”