Professional Custom Accounting: What can you do in advance to prepare for the changes during the first year of employment?
1. What are three questions you should ask yourself when you begin your job search?
2. What are the most common mistakes people make in preparing their résumés?
4. What should the interviewee try to achieve during a job interview? What should you look for? What red flags should you watch for?
5. What can you do in advance to prepare for the changes during the first year of employment?
6. Create your own SWOT analysis. How would you respond to your personal strengths and weaknesses if you were a prospective employer? How can you enhance your strengths and improve in areas of weakness?
7. Draw a career path for yourself, beginning with the present year and extending to the age of retirement. Be sure to include any “twists and turns” of the path you expect to experience along the way and any barriers you expect to encounter. How will you handle these experiences?