At times, a project manager must evaluate proposals from identified vendors and make decisions based on the project budget and schedule. It is essential to determine how the organization will determine the best response to the proposal’s individual vendors?
IRTC has asked you to evaluate the customer service add-on the vendor offered while still in negotiations for this project. The add-on will cost $25,000 and take an additional 4 weeks to install. Your manager has asked for your opinion. The project is tracking along according to schedule and budget.
What do you need to consider before saying yes or no? Prepare a memo for your manager outlining how either decision would affect the project and factors that need to be discussed and agreed to by various stakeholders involved in the project.
- In 1,250–1,500 words, address the following:
- What do you need to consider before accepting or denying the vendor proposal? Explain.
- How would your decision affect the overall project?
- Consider budget, schedule, and resources.
- What stakeholders would need to be involved in this decision-making process? Why?
- What important factors would need to be discussed and agreed upon by the various stakeholders involved in the project? Explain.
Use correctly APA style formatted references of solid academic quality for your resources and use correctly formatted APA style in-text citations to your references to substantiate your information and positions as well as to give credit to other author’s work.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.