Describe the structure of language, including syntax, grammar, and semantics.
2. Define a child’s “language making capacity.”
3. Provide evidence of the universality of language acquisition and the way it progresses.
4. Explain Chomsky’s hypothesis that humans are born with an innate biological capacity for language acquisition.
5. Explain how “motherese” (or “parentese”) helps babies learn to communicate.
6. Describe the use of intonation by both young children and adults in their communication with each other.