“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
John Quincy Adams
Leadership is a critical skill in the business environment, and it is not usually easy. Leading effectively requires an understanding of your own unique leadership style and personality traits.
For this assignment, you will reflect on your leadership experiences, assess your strengths, evaluate your emotional intelligence and DiSC profile, and develop a plan for mastering your leadership style.
Write a 4-5 page paper in which you do the following:
1. Reflect on your leadership experiences.
a. Describe the leadership and managerial aspects of your most recent professional role.
b. Identify and describe 2 key experiences that have impacted you as a leader.
2. Assess your leadership strengths.
a. Describe 2 key strengths, from Jack Welch’s Foundational Principles and 8 Essential Rules, as they pertain to your leadership development.
3. How do these experiences and strengths relate to aspects of your emotional intelligence and your DiSC profile?
4. Develop a plan for mastering your leadership style.
a. Identify 2-3 leadership skills you would like to master in the future.
b. Describe steps you can take to master those skills. How will you measure your success?
Professional Formatting Requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, professional font (size 10-12), includes headings and subheadings (to identify main topics and subtopics), with one-inch margins on all sides. See the Sample Professional Paper under Course Documents for an example.
• References must be included and provide appropriate information that enables the reader to locate the original source. Application and analysis of course materials and resources is expected, and additional research is welcome.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student name(s), the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
• The suggested length is 4-5 pages, excluding your cover page and reference list. You may exceed 5 pages, just be sure that it is not redundant and adds value to your reflections.