Research Paper Easy-Telecommunications Network Security Plan Project
The Acme Corporation is a new startup that wishes to sell their new phone to the public
called Acmephone, a more secure version of the phone to business organizations, called
the Acmephone B+, and highly secure version of the phone, called the Acmephone G+,
to the government. Due to the fear of corporate espionage and government security
requirements, there are many security concerns that must be addressed. As a security
professional, you have been employed to design a network infrastructure for their two
campuses located in Atlanta and Cincinnati based upon the following specifications:
1. There needs to be a constant connection between the two locations that can carry
at least 50 Mbps of data.
2. Each facility has three floors. The buildings are rectangular with each floor being
5. There will be a failover data center at the Cincinnati location.
6. Each location should be protected from intrusions that are not limited to state
7. The Atlanta location will house the two secure development teams. As such, it
will need the most security. To further complicate the design, there will be
database servers and the corporate Web servers housed at that location as well.
8. There will be database servers located at the Cincinnati site.
9. The servers must have redundancy.
10. The solution must have a plan to verify security measures.
Your job is to develop a network design to meet the requirements above.
1. You should submit a network drawing listing the network’s topology including
any necessary hardware.
2. You should list any recommended cable.
3. You can recommend wiring closets wherever you need them.
4. You should recommend ways to assure that you are not getting attacked.
5. You should build traps to stop attackers.
6. You should recommend any WAN or wireless technologies.
7. You should recommend any technology needed in the data center for high
8. Justify your recommendations.