Research Paper Easy-The Age of Sustainable Development”
The Age of Sustainable Development”
- In Chapter 9 of “The Age of Sustainable Development”, Sachs explains two general interventions that we can do to stop the vicious spiral of disease and poverty and turn it into the virtuous spiral of health and wealth. What are these two interventions?
- Sachs also explains the role of building local infrastructure as investment in public health. Please give 2 examples of local infrastructure and explain how they matter as investment in public health.
- Give a brief explanation on Baran-Frank hypothesis which is also known as dependency theory
- In the article, it is mentioned that competitive Real Exchange Rate (RER) management by
- East Asia may have been more important than Effective Rate Protection (ERP) in favoring the production of tradeables. Please explain the mechanism of how outward-oriented strategy through (microeconomic) policies through tariff or export subsidies can be neutralized by inflationary (macroeconomic) policies in a fixed Nominal Exchange Rate setting.
Please follow and like us: