Research paper – Types of rocks
Locate a rock and/or an area on earth with a specific type of rock (can be any type – igneous, sedimentary, metamorphic). This can be a rock you have in your possession that you’ve always wanted to learn more about, it can be a place you’ve been to or wanted to visit (such as the Sierra Nevada or the white cliffs of Dover), or simply a rock or rock area you found online.
- The name of the rock sample, its composition (i.e. what minerals is it made out of), and the type of rock it is (i.e. igneous, metamorphic or sedimentary)
- Where it is located (i.e. where is it commonly found on earth?)
- How it formed
- What do we use it for? Or what can it be used for?
- Any other interesting, relevant information you find in your research.
- An image/picture of your rock sample