1. looking ahead at your Final Capstone Project in Week Five, provide an outline highlighting the major points of your project(Sex Trafficking of Minors) for review and discussion among your classmates and instructor. In your outline, include at least five major ideas your Final Capstone Project will address, with brief (one to two sentence) explanations for each. At the end of this week, reflect back on the feedback your classmates and instructor have provided.
Your outline content should be entered directly into the body of the discussion. Do not attach a Word document.
As with all well-researched and organized writing, your topic (first) sentences of your paragraphs contain the major ideas of your paper. Therefore, this outline can be used in the construction of the body of your Final Capstone Project in Week Five
2. Examine the laws discussed in Chapter 9, which protect individual freedoms and the implementation of criminal justice policies. Provide at least three examples of how the U.S. criminal justice system simultaneously advances notions of social justice, while also protecting the rights of the accused. Can the criminal justice system be more effective in advancing notions of social justice? How? Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.
3. Drawing upon course readings, your prior course work, and your personal experiences, which theory of criminal justice from
, do you believe best reflects how the U.S. criminal justice system functions? Point out the strengths and weakness of this theory and provide recommendations to improve the current system to “fit” the theory in its purest form. Start with a substantial initial post of 250 words.
4. Explain which of the landmark federal criminal justice cases below is the most significant for promoting social justice in our present day. You may use historical examples of “wrongs righted” to supplement your positions. Be sure to explain the basis of your position and why you find the opinion or case to be most significant. Reference the Landmark Supreme Court Cases website for summaries of each case.
- Mapp v. Ohio (1961)
- Gideon v. Wainwright (1963)
- Miranda v. Arizona (1966)
- Terry v. Ohio (1968)
- Texas v. Johnson (1989)
Your initial post should be 250 words in length.