Forum Assignment for the Week:500 Words minimum
Textbooks: Stojkovic, Kalinich, &Klofas. (2015). Criminal justice organizations: Administration and management – Custom (6th ed.). Florence, KY: Wadsworth
Understanding styles of leadership, contingent factors that affect the leadership process and paths that enable employees to accomplish both personal and professional goals is valuable in understanding criminal justice administration.
For this week’s Forum, respond to all ofthe following:
Topic: Chapter 7 Case Study – Socialization
- Should Criminal Justice Managers be concerned with the personal aspects of employees’ lives?
- Will this concern necessarily translate into effective leadership in that organization?
Sources & citations required(APA)
- All assertions in your thread and replies must be supported by Reading & Study materials, good examples, thoughtful analysis, and additional research needed to substantively address the assigned topic. There must also be an appropriate incorporation of Judeo-Christian worldview/analysis and biblical principles. All sources must be cited in current APA format.
- Biblical integration must be included in a thoughtful manner as articulated in the required reading and presentations.
- Citations from the required reading and presentation must be included in answering the assigned questions.
General Instructions Applicable to All Forums:
To receive 100% as a grade (the exemplary level) for the weekly forums, you should ensure that your responses meet the following criterion:
Critical Analysis – Discussion postings display an excellent understanding of the required readings and underlying concepts including correct use of terminology. Postings are made in time for others to read and respond as well as deliver information that is full of thought, insight, and analysis. The information presented makes connection to previous or current content or to real-life situations, and must contain rich and fully developed new ideas, connections, or applications. (It is important that you integrate the weekly readings in your response. One way to do that is to make position statements, then discuss supporting evidence (i.e. research and/or personal experience).
Professional Communication and Etiquette – Written interactions in the Forum show respect and sensitivity to peers’ background and beliefs (Regardless of the position you are taking, please ensure that your participation comments are respectful to your peers’ background and beliefs).
Writing Skills – Written responses are free of grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors. The style of writing facilitates communication. (Make sure your work is free of errors. If there are any errors as outlined above, you will not receive 100% for the forum).