ead chapter 7-10 answer the following questions.
- What Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and Co-insurance is – how they benefit all involved etc…negatives if any…
- What “community rating” and “actuarial risk rating” is
- What Medicaid and Medicare are and what their differences are.
- Why the pharmaceutical companies have become so profitable in the last twenty or so years
- Myths surrounding why the cost of healthcare is rising in the United States. And the two more likely reasons based on research (according to the text)
- What an Almshouse is and what a Volunteer hospital is. Why Volunteer hospitals first started.
- In modern hospitals patients are being treated “less like humans and more like number” because of several factors. What are those factors?
- What “commodification” is and how it relates to health care today in America.
- What Hospice is. What Hospice’s early philosophies were.
- Accomplishments and barriers in regards to patient safety as discussed in the article “Five years after To Err Is Human: What have we learned?” by Leape, L and Berwick, DM.
- The idea about bad systems being more related to error than individual actions. Ideas surrounding malpractice liability and the inhibition it has on patient safety research.
- Differences between med model vs. Soc model in relationship to disability
Please follow and like us: