South Carolina Declaration of the Causes of Secessions- what action had 14 states undertaken that violated the Constitution
George McClellan to Abraham Lincoln Letter
- President Lincoln had replaced McClellan for inactivity in the field. In your opinion, does this letter portray McCellan as a leader?
- Is it clear what General McClellan is saying?
South Carolina Declaration of the Causes of Secessions (Read, “In the present case, that fact is established with certainty…” to the end.)
- According to this document, what action had 14 states undertaken that violated the Constitution?
- What is the “property” described in this document?
- Does this document help us to address the question of whether the Civil War was fought over slavery? If so, how?