Write a 700- to 1,050-word overview of the role that organized labor and collective bargaining play in the health care environment and in nursing. Your overview should:
- define collective bargaining,
- identify legal components of collective bargaining,
- discuss the manager’s role in union organizing,
- outline the role of the National Labors Relations Board (NLRB),
- analyze the effect of unions on staffing ratios, benefits, and compensation, and
- describe the role of the nurse manager in creating a collaborative labor-management relationship.
Research at least three peer-reviewed journal articles less than 5 years old to support your assignment.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.