|Assignment One: MS PowerPoint Presentation (20%)|
|Using the SHRM case study (an organization named Reyes) provided, students will apply their knowledge about business and the function of Human Resources. In addition the use of a common business tool, a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) assessment is used to assess both the HR domains and the role the HR function is performing in the organization.
It is anticipated that the presentation will be approximately seven to ten slides, written in bullet points with additional notes, if needed, included in the notes section of the presentation, and demonstrate good academic writing style. In text citations and references will be presented in APA format and are in addition to the approximately seven to ten slides. At least one scholarly source is to be included on the reference page along with corresponding in text citations in the content of the presentation. Students are to use the UMUC writing center or Owl Purdue online writing center for tutoring on APA format for in text citations and reference lists.
1. Title Page (Title of the paper, Your Name, Course Number, University, Professor’s Name & Date)
3. Introduction and Purpose of the Presentation (what the paper is intended to achieve) DONE
5. Summary of Organization’s Capabilities and Requisite Employee Competencies (what is Reyes in business to do and what competencies or knowledge, skills or abilities are needed of the employees in the entire organization in order to sustain success?) The course module/commentary gives examples of capabilities and competencies.
7. Challenges the Organization Needs to Address (There are many in this study, find at least three that you think are key issues)
9. Summary of the Findings of the SWOT Assessment for the HR function (using the following chart)
11. Summary or Conclusions (Based on the challenges you identified and the SWOT, what are your findings? Go back to your purpose statement for the paper and reiterate what you have achieved)
I only want to see short bullet points. I do not want to see whole sentences on the slides.
Your explanation of your short bullet points goes into the notes section of the slide. Each slide needs to have notes explaining what the slide is all about.
Please follow and like us: