Using the SHRM case study (an organization named Reyes) provided, students will apply their knowledge about business and the function of Human
Resources. In addition the use of a common business tool, a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) assessment is used to assess
both the HR domains and the role the HR function is performing in the organization.
It is anticipated that the presentation will be approximately seven to ten slides, written in bullet points with additional notes, if needed, included in the
notes section of the presentation, and demonstrate good academic writing style. In text citations and references will be pres ented in APA format and are
in addition to the approximately seven to ten slides. At least one scholarly source is to be included on the reference page a long with corresponding in
text citations in the content of the presentation. Students are to use the UMUC writ ing center or Owl Purdue online writing center for tutoring on APA
format for in text citations and reference lists.
1. Title Page (Title of the paper, Your Name, Course Number, University, Professor’s Name & Date)
2. Introduction and Purpose of the Presentati on (what the paper is intended to achieve)
knowledge, skills or abilities are needed of the employees in the entire organiz ation in order to sustain success?) The course
module/commentary gives examples of capabilities and competencies.
4. Challenges the Organization Needs to Address (There are many in this study, find at least three that you think are key issues )
5. Summary of the Findings of the SWOT Assessment for the HR function (using the following chart)
6. Summary or Conclusions (Based on the challenges you identified and the SWOT, what are your findings? Go back to your purpose statement
for the paper and reiterate what you have achieved)
7. Reference Page (do not use bullet points, do not number the references , list alphabetically the sources you cited in the presentation and only
8. Attachment (completed SWOT Assessment for the PAC HR function based on what you read in the cas e study and the emails included in the