The case describes the systems used to promote company goals and core values throughout an organization. It also explores the challenges of scaling up and emphasizes that a strong culture is not enough to build an entrepreneurial spirit in a growing company if top executives do not empower their people, encourage them to think critically, or stimulate them to explore new ways to improve operations and adapt the business to the markets into which it is expanding. It also discusses how a company can best leverage its investments in its people, and explores the challenges of going public.
Questions to consider:
2. In your mind, what role do the foundation principles play in the Container Store’s success?
3. To what extent do these principles fit with how TCS stores are operated and in-store jobs are designed as of April 2016?
4. What do you think about the new initiatives introduced by Kip Tindell and his team to drive growth?
5. Given the situation, what other choices does Kip Tindell have to revitalize TCS?
6. What recommendations would you offer Kip Tindell In April 2016?