For all Assessments, the following general requirements hold:
(1) Assignments should be 2-3 double-spaced pages, with reasonable (12 pt.) font and reasonable (1 inch) margins.
(2) Citations to material are required; in-text citations are preferred (MLA style).
(3) Assignments should be turned into eCampus (for collection of artifacts for scoring).
1) Research the committees of the House
Research the committees of the House or Senate
(2) Choose at least three (3) committees on which you’d serve, if elected.
a. Explain each committee’s functions (is it substantive or procedural?).
b. Explain why your placement on these committees is justified. How does it serve you district’s needs? How does it emphasize your experiences/interests?
(3) What kind of constituent service would you be likely to do? What kind of “home style” would you create (and how?) Most Texans do not know who their legislators are. How do you seek to solve that problem?