Thesis Papers: Assessment of the payer mix, financial benchmarks of nonprofit and for-profit hospitals
- Key characteristics of nonprofit hospitals that differ from for-profit hospitals
- Include the characteristics required to maintain a nonprofit status.
- The need for shifts in corporate structure required for survival in this environment, including safety net requirements and responsibilities
- Potential reasons driving both organizations and considerations between an outright merger verses a corporate alliance or joint venture.
- Consider uncompensated care burdens within the for-profit model
- Proffer a decision based on your analysis of whether the organization should convert, create a joint venture, or decline the offer with rationale and justification.
Please follow and like us: