Thesis Papers: How has human activity impacted Earth’s natural ecosystems?
During the unit, address the following questions:
- What kinds of problems can invasive species cause? Do you think one group of invasive species is worse than another? Why, or why not?
- Is there one effective way to combat the spread of an invasive species? Can you propose a method?
- Provide some information on an invasive species in your area. You can conduct a quick search on your state using the following website. Be sure to take a look under each category (e.g., aquatic species, animals, etc.):
- Source: National Agriculture Library. (2013). State resources. United States Department of Agriculture. Retrieved fromhttp://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/unitedstates/state.shtml.
- If you do not live in the United States, please try to find information on invasive species in your area of the world or you can choose a region of interest to you in the United States.
- How was your chosen invasive species introduced into your area? If a reason was not provided with your resource, please give a hypothesis of how this could happen.
- How has human activity impacted Earth’s natural ecosystems?
- What can you do to help prevent the spread of invasive species?